Series 1 - The delicious Tabouleh
Updated: Jan 31
Tabouleh is without a doubt one of the healthiest salads you could possibly eat. It is a traditional Lebanese salad full of essential ingredients and excellent nutritional health benefits.
• Parsley: is full of flavonids (antioxidants) which help in curing and dealing with a lot of ailments such as hepatitis, gingivitis and others. Also, reduces the strength of the taste (and the aftereffects breath of the onions😀).
• Onions: plays a significant role in preventing colds as well as lessens blood pressure levels and boost antioxidants in the body system.
• Tomatoes: a good source of Vitamin C and K, Potassium and antioxidants (reduce heart disease and cancer)
• Mint: which is widely noted for its potential to sooth the digestive tract as well as lower the intensity and duration of abdominal pains.
• Lemon Juice – is rich in Vitamin C and an excellent ph balance (for the digestive system)
• Olive Oil –helps reduce heart problems, the dangers of colon cancer as well as breast cancer – which is where many Mediterranean countries JJ have it as part of their daily dietary food.
• Bulgur wheat (crushed whole grain): Gives you the required 5 grams of dietary fibre per serving, and daily vitamin supplements, minerals, as well as antioxidants.
In my family, it is Paul and Megan’s most favourite salad😍😍
Why not try it at :simplyflo – the art of lebanese cuisine" (www.simplyflo.co.uk)